MochiKit 0.60 Released
MochiKit 0.60 was released yesterday (coincidentally, also my birthday, from which I'm still recovering). All of the changes are relatively minor; mostly just fixing distribution mistakes. For those of you that have the subversion repository checked out, you'll notice that the layout of the distribution zips is slightly different (namely that MochiKit is lib/MochiKit in the zip). That's because JSAN expects a certain distribution layout, and my repository is almost, but not quite, in that form. So, if you had downloaded the zip, I apologize that the examples and tests didn't run out of the box. I may rearrange the repository to match at some point, but for now, this works for me.
Aside from the obligatory bug fixes, there are two new features: a more general version of getElementsByTagAndClassName which doesn't assume you want to ask window.document for tags, plus a "packed" version of MochiKit.
I recommend the following process for developing with MochiKit (if only because this is how we do it):
- In your staging branch, replace the lib tree with the packed tree from the latest release distribution of MochiKit (or change the svn:externals to point to a release tag in the repo). Ensure that everything works as expected. Deploy!
- Beefed up the MochiKit.DOM test suite
- Fixed return value for MochiKit.DOM.swapElementClass, could return false unexpectedly before
- Added an optional "parent" argument to MochiKit.DOM.getElementsByTagAndClassName
- Added a "packed" version in packed/MochiKit/MochiKit.js
- Changed build script to rewrite the URLs in tests to account for the JSAN-required reorganization
- MochiKit.Compat to potentially work around IE 5.5 issues (5.0 still not supported). Test.Simple doesn't seem to work there, though.
- Several minor documentation corrections