simplejson is a simple, fast, complete, correct and extensible JSON encoder/decoder for Python 2.3+. It is pure Python code with no dependencies. It's now the recommended module for Python use by JSON.org (replacing json-py).
- The encoder and decoder have been extended to understand NaN, Infinity, and -Infinity (but this can be turned off via allow_nan=False for strict JSON compliance)
- The decoder's scanner has been fixed so that it no longer accepts invalid JSON documents
- The decoder now reports line and column information as well as character numbers for easier debugging
- The encoder now has a circular reference checker, which can be optionally disabled with check_circular=False
- dump, dumps, load, loads now accept an optional cls kwarg to use an alternate JSONEncoder or JSONDecoder class for convenience.
- The read/write compatibility shim for json-py now have deprecation warnings